Penn Medicine Princeton Health Outpatient Endoscopy Center, located at 731 Alexander Rd. in Princeton has a great per diem opportunity available for an endoscopy experienced nurse to join their team. At this center we perform procedures such as Colonoscopies,Endoscopies (EGD) and Sigmoidoscopies to name a few.
Registered Nurses are responsible for establishing a therapeutic relationship and an individualized plan of care with the patient for the Peri-operative period and for communicating that plan of care to his/her collaborative partners. Registered Nurses areaccountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for that defined period of time. The Registered Nurses will effectively transition the plan of care with attention to continuity across shifts and settings. TheRegistered Nurse will assure communication between patients, families and all members of the health care team. The Registered Nurse delegates and functions in accordance with the NJ Board of Nursing Statutes and Regulations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
• One year Medical/Surgical, Critical Care, PACU or O.R experience preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Active New Jersey Registered Nurse (RN) License
• Basic Life Saving (BLS) Certification required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Saving (ACLS) Certification required
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification - required within 6 months of hire
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
• A teamwork approach, flexibility, origination and problem solving skills
• Follows recommended practice for aseptic technique
• Proficiency of IV insertion and maintenance if applicable based on unit
Previous critical care and/or endoscopy experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.