The Nurse Manager assumes 24 hour accountability for the operation of the designated patient care unit. This includes the provision of leadership to improve patient care, enhance professional development and achieve nursing goals.
- Regularly meets with employees to improve communication and to build productive relationships.
- Works with UPHS leadership, clinical leadership, and Entity leadership in developing programs, services and initiatives to anticipate future customer needs, build customer loyalty and generate profitable growth.
- Establish/update processes and work practices for the unit/department:
- Manage team and individual performance in alignment with the UPHS vision of service excellence
- Establish/update processes and work practices for the unit/department.
- Manage team and individual performance in alignment within the
Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) Six Aims for Improvement.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory standards and requirements, including JCAHO, Department of Health, funding agencies, FDA, HIPAA, HCFA, DPW and others
- Demonstrates understanding of Magnet standards and aligns organization to meet them.
- Proactively develops change management strategy for major organizational activities and events
- Provides vision and leadership for Nursing Practice Model.
- Participates in the selection, career development and annual performance review of their staff and peers as requested.
- In collaboration with Clinical Nurse Specialist, shares/disseminates to Nurses, and other clinical leaders, and administrators throughout Entity, research-based clinical nursing interventions and health service delivery models that have demonstrated potential to improve patient care and achieve cost savings.
Currently licensed Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania
BSN required. Master's Degree required or matriculated in a master's level program preferably Nursing (MSN) and 5+ years or progressive nursing experience required with demonstrated leadership and management experience required. .
Evidence of excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills. Consistently self-directed and a self starter, leader and facilitator of group dynamics. Ability to work ideas through from idea to implementation and evaluation. Demonstrated ability to think creatively and build consensus around a common vision. Independent in decision making and activities. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned area.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.