Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join the Emergency Department in Plainsboro, NJ.
As a Registered Nurse, you are responsible for establishing a therapeutic relationship and an individualized plan of care for patients admitted to the Emergency Department for the duration/length of their stay. You will be responsible for following the plan of care created by the Attending Nurse; making revisions based upon the patient’s response to treatment and changing needs.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Accountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for a defined period of time
• Uses evidence-based assessment techniques to collect and document comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health
• Analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnoses or issues.
• Develops plan of care that is prescriptive of strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes in conjunction with persons-served/family and the healthcare team.
• Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patients served, considering persons-served/family cultural values, ethics, environment, and other associated risks, benefits, costs and current scientific evidence.
• Coordinates implementation of the individualized plan of care and documents interventions and any modifications of the identified plan.
• Utilizes the plan to guide those involved in the care of the patient across the continuum
• Evaluates and documents progress toward attainment of outcomes, including the patient and others involved in the care or situation.
• Responsible for effectively transitioning plan of care with attention to continuity across shift and settings of care
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) - required or at least in pursuit
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Active NJ Registered Nurse license
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS)
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (ACLS)
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification (PALS)
Related Work Experience
• Minimum of 15 months of recent nursing experience - required
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Computer Literacy
• High Level of Physical Strength, Stamina and Agility
• Great Interpersonal and Communication Skills
This is a per diem night shift opportunity. The ideal candidate will be available to work 6 hours/wk. The hours will be 7PM-7AM
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.