Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a full time LPN to join the team
Provide clinical services that include collection of information, leadership of educational activities, and documentation for all services provided. To schedule and track physician visits and laboratory work for the assigned area(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide assistance to the treatment team by: rooming patients, identifying significant changes in patients' clinical status and communicating this information to appropriate member(s) of the treatment team.
2. Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborate with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
3. Triage patient calls, taking accurate messages and routing tasks appropriately. Schedule provider time in accordance with requirements set for urgent or walk-in visits. Check patient portal messages. Document patient correspondence in the EMR.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collect specimens for laboratory work as prescribed by the provider.
2. Provide patient education in accordance with provider instructions.
3. Document services in accordance with system and departmental documentation policies.
4. Collaborate with treatment team to coordinate care through exchange of clinical information.
5. Interact professionally and respectfully with patients, families and staff in performance of daily duties.
6. Participate in system and Princeton Medicine Physicians performance improvement programs and goals.
7. Maintain standards of confidentiality.
8. Possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients' physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department.
9. Participate in unit compliance as related to established standards.
10. Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Graduate of a nursing program as an LPN.
Related Work Experience
• Previous experience in treatment of the program's patient population.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Active Practical Nurse License in the state of New Jersey
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
• professionalism essential.
• Also required are a customer service orientation, a teamwork approach, flexibility, organizational and problem-solving skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.