Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for full-time OR Nurses for our Main Operating Rooms in Plainsboro, NJ.
Registered Nurses are responsible for establishing a therapeutic relationship and an individualized plan of care with the patient for the Peri-operative period and for communicating that plan of care to his/her collaborative partners. Registered Nurses are accountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for that defined period of time. The Registered Nurses will effectively transition the plan of care with attention to continuity across shifts and settings. The Registered Nurse will assure communication between patients, families and all members of the health care team. The Registered Nurse delegates and functions in accordance with the NJ Board of Nursing Statutes and Regulations.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• The Registered Nurse collects and documents comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation, in a systematic and on-going process.
• The Registered Nurse analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnoses or issues.
• The Registered Nurse develops and documents an individualized plan of care considering patient characteristics or the situation.
• The Registered Nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or situation, considering patient/family cultural values, ethics, environment, and other associated risks, benefits, costs and current scientific evidence.
• The Registered Nurse coordinates implementation of the individualized plan of care and documents interventions and any modifications of the identified plan.
• The Registered Nurse evaluates and documents progress toward attainment of outcomes, including the patient and others involved in the care or situation.
• Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department
• The Registered Nurse contributes to the professional development of colleagues through sharing knowledge and skills, providing feedback regarding their practice and supporting an environment conducive to education of all health professionals.
• he Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning through self identification of learning needs, by participating in ongoing educational activities, and by seeking experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Active New Jersey Registered Nurse (RN) License
• Basic Life Saving (BLS) Certification required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Saving (ACLS) Certification – required within 2 months of hire
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification - required within 6 months of hire
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
• A teamwork approach, flexibility, origination and problem solving skills
• Follows recommended practice for aseptic technique
• Proficiency of IV insertion and maintenance if applicable based on unit
Minimum Requirements: Education:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
Related Work Experience:
• One year Medical/Surgical, Critical Care, PACU or O.R experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.