1. Position Title: Advanced Practice Provider - Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and/or Certified Physician Assistant – Atrial fibrillation Center APP
2. Hiring Manager: Program Manager:
3. Employee Name:
4. Department/Entity/Corporate Services: Invasive Cardiology Division of Electrophysiology
3: Position Number
General Summary Statement: While reporting to the EP APP Manager and under the direction of the A-Fib Medical Director as well as the Medical Director for CCH Hospitalists the A-Fib Center Coordinator, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, while providing quality care across the continuum in collaboration with physicians, nursing staff and other members of the care team, provide patient care and patient/family teaching according to the hospital policy and procedure. Also participates in research as appropriate, ensures regulatory compliance, documents care according to standards, and prescribes in accordance with the collaborative agreement and State regulations. In addition, the candidate will perform duties of a patient Navigator . The AFib Center APP is available to understand patients’ individual needs and to supply education, information, and scheduling resources. Prompt patient treatment is expedited by the Nurse Practitioner and/or Certified Physician Assistant. The AFib center APP provides exceptional support and answers ongoing questions for patients and families throughout the course of their care .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: As part of the prestigious Chester County Hospital Cardiac Electrophysiology (EP) team, our EP professionals have more experience in treating and managing arrhythmias than any other electrophysiology program in the area. This position requires a background in cardiology and preferred experience in EP, and a willingness to provide quality care in collaboration with physicians, advanced practice providers, nursing staff and other members of the care team.
1. Perform history and physical examinations on Arrhythmia Service patients
2. Daily rounds on Arrhythmia Service patients
3. Completing EP consultations in the ED.
4. Evaluating test results.
5. Evaluating AFib patients and formulating guideline- directed arrhythmia in the ED and hospital setting.
6. Providing patient guideline-directed treatment care instructions with respect to cardiac arrhythmia.
7. Device interrogations (Training will be provided to certify applicant in this skill).
8. Actively maintains EP patient data base to ensure timely notification of abnormal results to physicians and appropriate follow up care for patients.
9. Supports planning EP patient education and outreach programs including awareness programs and community lectures, assists in follow up activities for cardiovascular screening events.
10. Assists patients and their families as a resource for appointments and necessary services. This includes outpatients and inpatients.
11. Coordinates and schedules tests and appointments for patients by communicating with physician’s offices to ensure they are performed in a timely manner.
12. Maintain contact with EP patients as needed to answer ongoing questions, reduce stress and provide services that are available post discharge.
Minimum 3 years clinical nursing practice in Cardiology or Critical Care.
Minimum 2 years advanced practice experience in Electrophysiology (preferred), Cardiology and/or Critical Care.
Certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in the State of Pennsylvania
Certified Physician Assistant in the State of Pennsylvania
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.