Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for an Operating Room Registered Nurse for our Surgical Services Unit at Princeton Medical Center.
Registered Nurses are responsible for establishing a therapeutic relationship and an individualized plan of care with the patient for the Peri-operative period and for communicating that plan of care to his/her collaborative partners. Registered Nurses areaccountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for that defined period of time. The Registered Nurses will effectively transition the plan of care with attention to continuity across shifts and settings. TheRegistered Nurse will assure communication between patients, families and all members of the health care team. The Registered Nurse delegates and functions in accordance with the NJ Board of Nursing Statutes and Regulations.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Collect and document comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation, in a systematic and on-going process.
• Analyze the assessment data to determine diagnoses or issues.
• Develop and document an individualized plan of care considering patient characteristics or the situation.
• Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or situation, considering patient/family cultural values, ethics, environment, and other associated risks, benefits, costs and current scientific evidence.
• Coordinate implementation of the individualized plan of care and documents interventions and any modifications of the identified plan.
• Evaluate and document progress toward attainment of outcomes, including the patient and others involved in the care or situation.
• Possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• BSN required or at least in pursuit
• Active New Jersey Registered Nurse (RN) License
• Basic Life Saving (BLS) Certification
• Advanced Cardiac Life Saving (ACLS) Certification – If applicable by unit
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification - If applicable by unit
• Related Work Experience - One year O.R experience
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.