Assist in all diagnostic and interventional vascular and cardiac catheterization procedures. Perform emergency procedures such as emergent percutaneous cardiac and peripheral interventions, IAB insertion, pericardiocentesis and temporary pacemaker insertion. Follow established standards and practices under the direction of a credentialed invasive cardiologist, vascular surgeon or electrophysiologist. The cardiovascular Registered Nurse will demonstrate cardiovascular knowledge in physical assessment, and perform high quality clinical care for all cardiovascular patients. Provides staffing support and supplements the entire program with expert nursing knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborates with certified cardiac technologists and physicians in providing high quality patient focused care before, during and after interventional cardiovascular procedures
2. Demonstrates surgical consciousness by following appropriate guidelines and protocols in surgical attire, and in maintaining the sterile field and draping of patients.
3. Monitors patients for hemodynamic stability and arrhythmias, and responds appropriately.
4. Maintains knowledge of all interventional supplies: wires, guide catheters, manifold set up, procedural flow of case, etc.
5. Practices and maintains competency with safe radiation exposure
6. Calls for, receives and preps patient for invasive cardiovascular and electrophysiology procedures and cardiology tests.
7. Provides patient teaching prior to, and following all cardiovascular procedures and tests.
8. Checks EHR and chart for completeness including required signatures, patient education, physician orders, etc.
9. Responds quickly and efficiently during an emergency and follows ACLS protocols.
10. Checks and documents emergency and POC testing equipment, and prepares cath lab holding area for day.
11. This position requires an on call rotation
Education Training and Experience
Two or more years of cardiac catheterization nursing experience preferred.
Current Pennsylvania RN License required.
BLS and ACLS certification required.
RCIS and/or CCRN certification preferred.
Work Contact Group
CCH personnel, physicians, high to low risk patients and their families, administration, state agencies, vendors and the general public.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.