Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse for our Primary Care unit in Plainsboro, NJ. This is a Triage LPN position.
• Provide clinical services that include collection of information, leadership of educational activities, and documentation for all services provided. To schedule and track physician visits and laboratory work for the assigned area(s).
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide assistance to the treatment team by: rooming patients, identifying significant changes in patients’ clinical status and communicating this information to appropriate member(s) of the treatment team.
• Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborate with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
• Triage patient calls, taking accurate messages and routing tasks appropriately. Schedule provider time in accordance with requirements set for urgent or walk-in visits. Check patient portal messages. Document patient correspondence in the EMR.
Other Duties Include:
1. Collect specimens for laboratory work as prescribed by the provider.
2. Performs laboratory responsibilities including, but not limited to: Patient testing, start up, shut down, and daily quality assurance (QA) of the ACT Diff 2 Analyzer, proficiency testing, maintenance and calibration, auditing and QA monitoring.
3. Collect health data of patients as requested.
4. Provide patient education in accordance with provider instructions.
5. Document services in accordance with system and departmental documentation policies.
6. Collaborate with treatment team to coordinate care through exchange of clinical information.
7. Interact professionally and respectfully with patients, families and staff in performance of daily duties.
8. Participate in system and Princeton Medicine Physicians performance improvement programs and goals.
9. Maintain standards of confidentiality.
10. Possess the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to meet the patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department.
11. Participate in unit compliance as related to established standards.
12. Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Graduate of a nursing program as an LPN.
Related Work Experience
• Previous experience in treatment of the program's patient population.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Active Practical Nurse License in the state of New Jersey
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
• Professionalism essential.
• Also required are a customer service orientation, a teamwork approach, flexibility, organizational and problem-solving skills.
This position - is an individual contributor with no direct reports but may provide guidance, leadership, or training to others.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.