Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a full-time Nursing Assistant to join our Acute Rehabilitation unit in Plainsboro, NJ. .
The Nursing Assistant, as directed by the Registered Nurse, provides direct medical care to patients. The Nursing Assistant participates as a member of the treatment team in creating and maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assists nurses in the delivery of nursing care in the Acute Rehabilitation Department.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skill as it pertains to patient hygiene, vital signs, emptying and documenting of urine outputs, procedures, etc.
• Performs and documents nursing care activities as assigned, consistent with established procedures.
• Responsible for transferring patients to other units or to the front corridor to be discharged home.
• Participates in keeping the nursing unit, (patient rooms, work stations, and hallways) clean and well organized.
• Obtains, stocks, and organizes patient care and unit supplies.
• Will perform daily audits such as ensuring the temperatures of medication refrigerators are within the specified guidelines and any other audits as assigned by the nurse or nurse manager.
• Regularly performs job tasks in accordance with hospital and department policy and procedure, including appropriate use of equipment, machines, appropriate use in wearing of physical barriers and safety equipment.
• Identifies and reports broken or malfunctioning equipment or needed repairs on the unit.
• High School Diploma or equivalent - required
• Completion of UAP course or Nursing 101 - required
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) - required
Related Work Experience:
• (6) six months of Nursing Assistant experience - preferred
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Customer Service skills
• Currently enrolled in LPN/RN nursing program with successful completion of Nursing I
This is a full-time day shift opportunity. The ideal candidate will be available to work 37.6 hours/week 7:00am - 3:00pm.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.