The Clinical Nurse II is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
The Clinical Nurse II possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice. The Clinical Nurse II exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains. The Clinical Nurse II independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients ranging in age from infancy to the elderly. Additional competencies include Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork.
The Clinical Nurse II works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of patients.
The Clinical Nurse II will seek feedback in assuming leadership roles and provides feedback for improved clinical practice, demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, and goals and the care delivery system, and will comply with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
• Must have Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing, at time of hire.
• Must have more than 15 months relevant professional nursing experience and completion of the Nurse Residency Program, if applicable, at time of hire.
• Must possess active Pennsylvania RN License, at time of hire.
• Must possess active BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association at time of hire.
• This position is also open to CNI candidates.
CUPP 5 East at PPMC specializes in providing the following patient care:
• Post-operative acute care
• Any post-operative General surgery or Orthopedic patient care requiring pain management with continuous epidural, intrascalene blocks, femoral blocks, and adductor blocks
• Total Joint Replacement and all Orthopedic Spinal Surgery
• Medical if medical beds unavailable
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.