Penn Medicine Princeton Health has an opening for a Per Diem Wound Ostomy Registered Nurse in Plainsboro, NJ.
The qualified candidate will be an experienced RN who sub-specializes in wound, ostomy, and continence (WOC) care and be responsible for the treatment and management of disorders affecting the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary systems. As such, their scope of care typically involves the treatment of ostomies, stomas, acute and chronic wounds, and urinary and fecal incontinence. The Clinical Nurse Specialist for Wound, Ostomy, and Continence assists the nursing staff, physician and medical residents in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patients with wounds, ostomies, and continence problems. Education in skin and wound care, ostomy care, and continence care is provided for staff in orientation and within the continuing nursing education program. Is a consultant for the physicians of PHCS.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required
Related Work Experience -
• Minimum 2 years clinical experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Active Registered Nurse license in the state of New Jersey
• Wound Care Certification (WCC) Preferred.
• Ostomy Management Specialist (OMS) Preferred
• Lymphedema Lower Extremity (LLE) Preferred
• Diabetic Wound Certified (DWC) Preferred
• Diplomat of the American Professional Wound Care Association (DAPWCA) Preferred
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; professionalism; customer service orientation, teamwork approach, flexibility, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Medical Teamwork
• Bedside Manner
• Administering Medication
• Nursing Skills
• Physiological Knowledge
• Infection Control
• Health Promotion and Maintenance
• Pain Management
• Acute/Critical Care
• Able to read and write English and communicate fluently in English
• Basic computer skills
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.