The Surgical Services Division at Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a dynamic professional to be our next Operating Room Professional Development Specialist.
The Operating Room Professional Development Specialist facilitates the assessment of clinical educational needs and develops, plans, implements, and evaluates the educational programs designed to enhance the clinical development of the Nursing staff and other Princeton Healthcare System employees. The Professional Development Specialist serves as a resource for the staff, patients, and the community.
The Operating Room Professional Development Specialist evaluates clinical practice, facilitates compliance with Joint Commission standards and Department of Health regulations, and seeks educational and learning opportunities for the staff to continue to provide quality age-specific patient care.
The OR Professional Development Specialist may be assigned to specific clinical specialty areas. The OR Professional Development Specialist will administer the Periop 101: A Core Curriculum as outlined by AORN to all newly hired to the OR Registered Nurses. The OR Professional Development Specialist will acquire and maintain proficiency according to AORN standards as a Periop 101 course administrator.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Master's Degree preferred.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have 2-4 years required, 5-8 years preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Active Registered Nurse license in the state of New Jersey.
- Must have CNOR Certification.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- Strong sense of professionalism as measured by membership in relevant professional organizations
- Customer Service/Patient Care oriented, a teamwork approach, flexibility, organizational and problem solving skills
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.