General Summary Statement
Performs receptionist, clerical, and clinical support responsibilities. Provides patient care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Adheres to Nursing Policies and Procedures and Organizational Goals and Objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Welcomes and greets visitors, patients and healthcare professionals to the unit.
2. Demonstrates pleasant and professional communication skills.
3. Answers the phone promptly using proper telephone etiquette. Refers phone call to the appropriate person and is reliable with messages.
4. Assists visitors to the unit in finding patient rooms, staff members and other resources. Checks with the RN as necessary for visitors.
5. Facilitates calls to physicians and other care providers as needed.
6. Demonstrates correct use of intercom, pager system, phone functions, pneumatic tube, fax and other equipment at the nurse’s station.
Electronic Order Management and Order Processing
1. Checks hourly for reports, forms, or communication documents in printers and fax.
2. Flags when any new orders have been written or electronically entered.
3. Follows department protocol for dispatch of written medication orders to Pharmacy.
4. Communicates stat orders to the nurse immediately upon receipt.
5. Ensures labeled specimens are sent to the Laboratory promptly, when requested.
6. Performs Order Entry, Cancel Order, and Order Inquiry as needed.
Education Training and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent. Training and/or experience at an acute care or skilled nursing facility or student nurse with hospital based clinical experience.
Phlebotomy and EKG skills preferred
Basic computer skills: keyboard, mouse use. Ability to complete data entry on clinical documentation screens. Ability to use email, and internet. Ability to successfully complete on the job training for CCH computer programs.
Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
CPR certification required.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification Preferred
Safe Patient Handling education
Emergency Room Specialty Specific Requirements
Perform 12 lead EKG
ACC, CVU, ICU & PINU Specialty Specific Requirements
Perform 12 lead EKG
Work Environment and Hazards
Risk exposure to communicable diseases and potentially hazardous materials and body fluids. May become involved in crisis situations.
Work Contact Group
The Chester County Hospital personnel, physicians, vendors, patients, and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.