Providing skilled nursing care to patients whose care is being provided by the agency's hospice or home care department specifically after business hours, evenings and nights. Functions collaboratively with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) by assessing patient/family needs and planning and facilitating home care, palliative care, and end-of-life care. Provides skilled nursing care and utilizes the nursing process including assessment, implementation, and evaluation in caring for the patients in urgent situations such as pain crisis or other symptom management issues.
• Planning: Performing nursing assessments. Follows established plan of care. Completes the appropriate documentation required based on the assessment and implementation of the nursing plan. Collaborates with physicians and other team members. Provides complete handoff communication.
• Implementation and Coordination of Services: Initiates appropriate preventative and palliative nursing procedures according to the Standards of Hospice and Palliative Nursing through assessment, instruction and support. Coordinates care with the Triage Supervisor and Administrator on Call.
• Directing: Initiates patient/family instructions about care. Maintains clear and concise documentation so that problems, plans, actions, and goals are accurately stated and changes reflected as they occur. Responds to medical or emotional crisis and/or death of a patient. Communicates with the RN Case Manager/RN Team Manager regarding the patient status and follow-up needs.
• Improvement of Care: Reviews the plan of care with the RN Case Manager/Team Manager if there is current patient/family needs. Participates in performance improvement activities as requested.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Bachelor's Degree BSN from an accredited school of nursing And 2+ years Acute care or long term care experience as a registered nurse
PA and/or NJ RN licensure depending on geographic location and scope of responsibilities
BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association
Valid Driver's License
Have a Car
1+ years Home Care and/or Hospice experience
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.