Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is currently seeking a strong vascular access RN. The PICC nurse demonstrates safe practice within the UPHS professional practice model and demonstrates UPHS core values which reflect its mission.
The clinical nurse demonstrates safe practice within the UPHS professional practice model and demonstrates UPHS core values which reflect its mission. The nurse provides direct care to patients and demonstrates competency within the domains of clinical judgment and decision-making, nurse-patient/family relationship, clinical leadership and clinical scholarship. The nurse maintains a competent level of knowledge and skill with providing direct care. The nurse demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
This position requires a clinical nurse with the ability to recommend appropriate types of vascular access devices for patients based on knowledge of disease processes, access issues and anticipated prescribed therapies. Under limited supervision, the PICC RN is responsible for inserting PICCs and midlines in a timely manner so as to not delay patient care. The ideal candidate for this position has the ability to work productively and effectively within a fast-paced environment and handle multiple/changing priorities.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- PICC/midline/peripheral IV insertion with ultrasound guidance
- Troubleshooting PICC/midlines
- Changing PICC/midline dressings as needed to support nursing staff
- Educating staff regarding appropriate practice in terms of vascular access devices
- Being a resource to enhance the skills of staff in PIV assessment, central line troubleshooting, dressing changes, and line care/maintenance
- Graduate of a NLNAC and CCNE accredited school of professional nursing
- BSN required
- Licensure as a registered professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Minimum of 15 months of work experience as a professional nurse required
- BLS required
- ACLS preferred
- 2 years of experience with PICC line insertion, midlines, dressing changes, and ultrasound guided IV placement preferred
- Expert IV insertion skills preferred
- Knowledge regarding de-clotting of PICCs preferred
- Knowledge regarding port accessing and de-accessing procedures preferred
- CRNI or VA-BC preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.