General Summary Statement
Provides comprehensive, quality nursing care through application of the nursing process. Adheres to Nursing Policies and Procedures and Organizational Goals and Objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides age appropriate care for the population served. Gives consideration to growth & developmental phase of life, to age related factors such as thermal regulation, nutrition, medication administration, nutrition, safety and functional needs of the patient.
2. Uses appropriate resources for patients with special needs such as language barriers, sensory problems, altered cognition, cultural and religious needs.
3. Ensures attention to patient’s physical, spiritual and emotional well being.
4. Demonstrates competency in assessment skills (Includes admission and shift assessments).
5. Performs pain assessments and intervenes to optimally meet patient’s needs for comfort.
6. Plans clinical care based on patient’s needs and uses available resources.
7. Performs clinical care in accordance with policy and procedure.
8. Performs peripheral venipuncture and peripheral and central vascular access care according to policy & procedure.
9. Evaluates outcomes of nursing interventions and takes appropriate actions to move patient toward reaching goals of care.
10. Identifies situations that warrant patient rescue and takes appropriate action, e.g. Rapid Response or Code Blue.
11. Adheres to the 5 rights of medication administration and uses the medication administration system.
12. Integrates principles of infection control & infection prevention into practice.
13. Adheres to aseptic technique as appropriate.
14. Uses resources and references for reviewing policies and procedures, medications, and clinical information.
15. Prioritizes and organizes work effectively within assigned shift.
Education Training and Experience
Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required. Minimum of one-year experience in specialty cluster.
Training and specialty specific education programs are provided during orientation, and must be successfully completed as scheduled.
Basic computer skills: keyboard, mouse use. Ability to complete data entry on clinical documentation screens. Ability to successfully complete on the job training for CCH computer programs. Ability to practice critical thinking and organizational skills.
Current Pennsylvania RN License.
CPR certification required; ACLS/PALS/NRP is required in IHR clusters where required by unit(s).
Certification in clinical specialty is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.