Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Per Diem Nurse For the Night Shift to join the Telemetry Unit located in Plainsboro, NJ
The Telemetry Unit is a 36 bed medical-surgical unit with a specialized focus on cardiac patients requiring cardiac monitoring. Patients are admitted to our unit for a wide variety of diagnoses, including: need for pacemaker; syncope; chest pain; tachycardia; initiation of medication therapy; CHF; Sepsis; pulmonary embolism; stroke; and others. Our patients receive more frequent monitoring than on our other medical-surgical units, and often have co-morbid diseases which make them complex. We value teamwork and collaboration, and are focused on providing appropriate patient-centered care. Clinical skills performed regularly include: EKGs; care of tracheostomies, chest tubes, foley catheters, invasive lines, and wounds; blood transfusions; medication administration- including antiarrhythmic medications and IV drips; evaluation of cardiac rhythms; and response to inpatient Rapid Responses.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Confidentiality: The Registered Nurse maintains standards of confidentiality.
• Ethics: The Registered Nurse integrates ethical provisions in practice by delivering care that protects the autonomy, dignity, and rights, of persons served thereby serving as a patient advocate and reporting illegal, incompetent and impaired practices.
• Professional Practice Evaluation: The Registered Nurse evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
• Health Teaching/Health Promotion: The Registered Nurse provides health teaching using methods appropriate to the situation and to the persons served developmental level, learning needs, readiness and ability to learn, language preference and culture. Health teaching addresses such topics as: healthy lifestyles, risk-reducing behaviors, developmental needs, activities of daily living and preventative self-care. The Registered Nurse documents the teaching provided and evaluates the effectiveness of strategies used through persons served feedback.
• Quality of Practice: The Registered Nurse systemically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participating in Performance Improvement activities and using the results to initiate creative and innovative changes in nursing practice and in the healthcare delivery system.
• Education: The Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning through self identification of learning needs, by participating in ongoing educational activities, and by seeking experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence. The Registered Nurse maintains his or her own records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
Related Work Experience
• One year recent nursing experience - preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Active NJ Registered Nurse license - required
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) - required
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.