Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a Full Time Pharmacy Tech for our Plainsboro location.
A member of the pharmacy department support staff who under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist performs specific job
responsibilities authorized by the New Jersey State Board of Pharmacy Rules and Regulation.
1. Follows all procedures and techniques for aseptic preparation of parenteral products. Performs compounding of pharmaceutical preparations,
including but not limited to: large volume parenteral solutions, intravenous piggybacks, epidural solutions, dialysis solutions, syringe products,
and TPN solutions as assigned.
2. Follows all procedures for the maintenance of the clean room, anteroom and IV workroom according to USP C chapter 797 standards, including
changing of laminar hood pre-filters and maintenance of equipment used in this area.
3. Maintains medication inventory by assisting in ordering and receiving medication from wholesalers and vendors, completing paperwork relative
to orders received, stocking all pharmacy areas, and maintaining inventory expiration records. Assists with medication inventory control on
each nursing unit by performing nursing station reviews, stocking code cart trays, Pyxis, McKesson PROmanager and MedC arousal and
resolving Pyxis drawer errors.
4. Assists in the provision of pharmacy services to hospital inpatients and outpatients by assisting the pharmacists in dispensing functions,
including but not limited to: accurately filling and labeling of all new and refill medications; filling of unit dose patient bins via the clinical
computer system and McKesson automation; timely delivery of medications; restocking and maintaining medications in Pyxis devices and
5. Assists with the distribution and control of controlled drug substances (C DS) within the Pharmacy and to patient care areas. Retrieves controlled
drug substances from the C II Safe, labels according to established standards, assists in maintaining C DS inventory on patient care units via
manual and Pyxis systems, and medication deliveries
High school graduate (college degree preferred)
Related Work Experience
One year recent hospital pharmacy technical experience or several years of relevant pharmacy experience preferred.
New Jersey Board of Pharmacy Registration as Pharmacy Technician is required within 180 days of employment.
National "Certification for Pharmacy Technicians" is required within one year of employment.
This is a full time day position. This candidate will need to rotate with other staff to cover weekends and evenings.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.