Independently oversees and provides patient care management and education, or conducts research using sound nursing judgment, critical thinking, and clinical knowledge and skills. Serves as a mentor/resource to other research and education staff Provides clinical consultative, educational and research support. Collaborates with primary care and specialty departments within PNHS Interacts with the community and external customers, and disseminates knowledge and expertise to other health professionals including oral presentations and written manuscripts.
BA, BS, AD, in Nursing from a college or university, current RN licensure in the state of Minnesota plus one to three years of experience as an RN, Master’s Degree desirable.
• Strong critical thinking, assessment, and problem-solving skills
• Understands and applies teaching/learning principles
• Works independently, as well as collaboratively, displaying effective communication skills
• Supportive of team members
• Works in concert with team members and interdisciplinary staff
• Strong prioritization, multi-tasking skills and ability to handle large workload.
This position requires direct patient contact: Demonstrates knowledge of age related growth and development principles necessary to provide appropriate service and assure safety of patients.
This position requires familiarity and compliance with matters of law, regulations and internal policies affecting the employment relationship, (including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, discrimination and harassment laws).
Certification Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) preferred for IDC Patient Services position.
Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) or other applicable certification preferred for IDC Research position.
The Metro-Minnesota Community Oncology Research Consortium (MMCORC) is a nonprofit research program sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and participating hospitals and clinics. We are a consortium consisting of 25 community hospitals and oncology clinics with over 160 physician members in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro-area and surrounding communities, extending to the western Wisconsin area. Our programs mission is to bring the advantages of cancer research to the community. MMCORC provides the opportunity for patients and physicians to have access to National Cancer Institute (NCI) and pharmaceutical sponsored clinical trials for all types of adult cancer. This program provides people in our community access to:
This position will be supporting local oncology clinics affiliated with Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids, MN.
- The newest therapies available for cancer treatment
- Management of treatment side effects and disease symptoms
- Studies directed at cancer prevention
- Molecular-based precision medicine research
- Cancer care delivery research
Please visit our website for more information about our program: www.mmcorc.org
This oncology research nurse position will work collaboratively with physicians in identifying and managing patients on NCI and pharmaceutical sponsored clinical trials. This position involves direct patient care and involves a strong patient advocacy role.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Screens potential patients for protocol eligibility. Presents trial concepts and details to patients, participates in informed consent process, and enrolls patients onto clinical trials.
- Coordinates patient care in compliance with protocol requirements.
- Distributes investigational drug and provides patient teaching regarding administration. Maintains accurate investigational drug accountability records.
- In collaborations with the physician, assesses patients for changes in conditions, adverse events, concomitant medications use, protocol compliance, response to study drug, and thoroughly documents all findings.
- Reports adverse drug reactions and protocol deviations to study sponsor, NCI and FDA according to prescribed reporting system.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation, data entry, and reporting.
- Participates in monitoring and auditing activities and study visits.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- Responsible for education of clinic staff regarding clinical research.
- Oncology nursing experience preferred.
- Strong critical thinking, assessment, and problem-solving skills.
- Understands and applies teaching/learning principles.
- Works independently, as well as collaboratively, displaying effective communication skills.
- Supportive of team members.
- Works in concert with team members and interdisciplinary staff.
- Strong prioritization, multi-tasking skills, and ability to handle large workload.
- Have a strong drive for results with patient centered focus.
Come join our team of researchers as we bring the advantages of cancer research to the community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. We are committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. A culture where every person feels welcome, included, and valued. It’s an important part of our Head + Heart, Together culture, and critical to our success.