As a representative of Park Nicollet Foundation, the Prospect Research Coordinator serves as an integral member of the fundraising team with a special focus on major gift opportunities, including planned gifts. Working closely with the leadership of the Foundation, the incumbent will be responsible for the consolidation, analysis and implementation of data for fundraising strategies and activities in coordination with department goals. The incumbent will: conduct timely prospect research; help guide moves management; provide portfolio analysis; develop prospect summaries; partner with Gifts Officers and Database Administrator to continue to refine system architecture for identification and tracking activities related to the Grateful Patient and Major Gifts Programs. Coordinator should be skilled at using Raiser’s Edge and research databases. Coordinator provides timely prospect research in support of development team, organizational leaders, physicians, volunteers and donors as part of building robust major gift program.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Two to four years experience working in the philanthropic development field with one to two years’ experience in prospect research and major gift analysis. Raisers Edge experience required. Experience with ResearchPoint and LexisNexis preferred. Experience in healthcare prospect research and management preferred.
• Knowledge of philanthropic process
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical skills for research and interpretation of information
• Knowledge of donor and research databases
• Project management skills to drive major gift process and supporting projects
• Knowledge of HIPAA
• Discretion and confidentiality
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Prospect Identification, Research & Major Gift Opportunities
- Accesses database information and other general research resources to obtain, analyze and synthesize information to support the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors. Monitors external news sources for proactive insights into our donors and the broader philanthropic community.
- Develops and evaluates strategies to identify qualified donors and prospective donors and sources of major ($25,000) and planned gift support to ensure that organizational fundraising initiatives have sufficient prospects to meet fundraising goals. Researches and masters tools to facilitate this process.
- Aggregates and analyzes data on potential prospects, communicating key information the development team uses to inform its donor and prospect engagement strategies. Documents data obtained through third-party research, data mining projects and appointment contacts in the appropriate fields within our CRM.
- Helps inform and drive donor strategy, which includes recommending appropriate prospect assignments in collaboration with the Director of Development, identifying next steps in moves management.
- Manages research and prospect modules in Raisers Edge, in partnership with Database Administrator, to help Director of Development track activity for individual Gifts Officer productivity results.
- Supports and participates in donor prospect strategy meetings, helping to focus attention on top priorities and prospects. Meets regularly with development team members to update prospect lists and help guide strategy in working with donors and prospects. Supports Board Nominating and Fund Development Committees through prospect research and knowledge of the donor community.
- Creates documents to share prospect information with internal and external audiences. Serves as expert in creating special queries and lists to support fundraising initiatives and activities.
- Responds timely to requests and works collaboratively with Foundation development team.
Patient Engagement and Grateful Patient Programs
- Works with daily patient census, coordinating foundation staff visits to patient donors, and creating lists for review by fundraising team and providers.
- Works with Director of Development and Annual Giving Coordinator to develop research and data driven strategies for grateful patient appeals and other cultivation and stewardship communications.
- Identifies patient prospects for further qualification by Gifts Officers.
- Serves as HIPAA expert and works with EPIC team to create appropriate patient queries.
- Participate in other philanthropic activities and campaigns as requested.
- Assists with events and other foundation activities throughout the year.
- Participates in foundation’s goal setting process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Park Nicollet you're part of something bigger. We're a member of the HealthPartners organization, an award-winning integrated health care system comprised of several organizations. HealthPartners includes a team of 21,000 people dedicated to making a difference for our members, patients and the community. Whether you want to work in direct patient care, or support those who do, you will find a vast variety of job opportunities. Here, your contributions help to improve lives and impact health care for the better. If you want to make a difference, we want you on our team.
Park Nicollet Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: Our mission is to improve health and well-being in partnership with our members, patients and community.
Vision: Health as it could be, affordability as it must be, through relationships built on trust.
- Excellence We strive for the best results and always look for ways to improve.
- Compassion We care and show empathy and respect for each person.
- Partnership We are strongest when we work together and with those we serve.
- Integrity We are open and honest, and we keep our commitments.
What makes us unique?
At Park Nicollet, we never forget why we're here. Your health and well-being is our top priority and is at the forefront of everything we do. We believe outstanding health care is delivered when we merge the science and intellect of medicine with the compassion, spirit and humanity of our hearts. We refer to this as "Head + Heart, Together," and it exists to inspire constant improvement and lasting success. We achieve this by partnering with patients and families in everything from care decisions to service and facility design. As we work together as a unified team, we engage patients, families and the community, and put them at the center of everything we do.
To learn more about our organization, including our award winning care, please visit our website at www.parknicollet.com.