The Infrastructure Engineer (Security) will work within a wider team to maintain a strong security posture, applying security updates and other countermeasures to ensure the integrity of all IT services.
• Be accountable for making sure the infrastructure estate is suitably patched and protected using tools such as SCCM and native update techniques
• Design and implement solutions to mitigate vulnerabilities identified as part of penetration results
• Provide insight into the countermeasures PA should adopt
• Works as a technical resource in security related projects
• Review daily security bulletins for threats. Liaise with key security firms reviewing threat reports
• Work with other disciplines such as Networks and SQL Admins to assist implementing appropriate controls
• Expert in Microsoft Server technology stack including SCCM with 5-7 years of proven technical experience
• Expert in virtualisation technologies including VMware vSphere and Citrix
• Ideally held a similar role previously in a 3000 seat organisation
• Strong knowledge of server and SAN hardware
• Strong knowledge of Active Directory, O365, Exchange and Skype
• Knowledge of ISO27001/2
• Good attention to detail, well organised and capable of working under pressure
• Ability to communicate at all levels including detailed metric work
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading consulting, technology and innovation firm. We are independent and employee-owned and have over 2,500 people working with business and governments worldwide, through our offices in North America, Europe, the Nordics, the Gulf and Asia Pacific. Our specific expertise is in energy, financial services, life sciences and healthcare, manufacturing, government and public services, defence and security, telecommunications, transport and logistics.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results. We have outstanding technology development capability; a unique breadth of skills from strategy to performance improvement, from HR to IT; and strong expertise in communications, defence, energy, financial services, government and public services, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation and logistics.
Three differentiators for PA Consulting are:
• We’re big enough to be a significant employer but not so big that you get lost
• We’re entrepreneurial and meritocratic, with top to bottom employee ownership
• We “do”, as well as “advise”
Recent work includes:
• protecting troops' lives in Afghanistan by developing a groundbreaking IED-detection vehicle that can be remote controlled by the detection team
• delivering an air-traffic system to safely handle 600,000 aeroplanes over Denmark each year
• working with the Bank of England to create the Prudential Regulation Authority, which will transform financial regulation in the UK
• developing a system to restore power more quickly and improve the customer experience for households and businesses in Washington, US
• creating a revolutionary new kitchen towel and a completely new manufacturing process at our Technology Centre in Cambridge, UK.