Our business is built on our people and the exceptional work we deliver for our clients. We put together the right teams of experts with the confidence, based on practical experience, to challenge conventional thinking.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our internal IT support team, based at our Technology Centre in Melbourn.
This is an interesting and varied role that would allow you to diversify your skills whilst being given the opportunity to specialise in areas of particular interest. For those that wish to gain additional training, or put into practice previous training, we can provide the opportunities and support needed to build your career. The successful candidate would be part of a team responsible for the 3rd line escalation of our server infrastructure and software systems in the live, development and test environments. The primary focus will be to ensure that all environments are available, reliable, secure and able to meet the demands placed upon on it.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Supporting business critical systems including:- Active Directory, Skype for Business, SharePoint 2010/Online, Exchange 2010/Online, NetApp SAN, Palo Alto, Citrix XenDesktop, Certificate Services and VMware VSphere.
• Assisting with Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
• Problem analysis within PA business critical systems.
• Supporting all teams who have operational responsibility, providing the level of knowledge and experience that encompasses operating systems and 3rd party software alike.
• At enterprise level demonstrable experience managing a largely Windows based, VMware virtual estate with central SAN technologies. Additional experience managing Cisco UCS infrastructure and SCCM would be of benefit.
• Demonstrable hardware knowledge and troubleshooting capability.
• Appreciate the importance of high availability systems/infrastructure.
• Good attention to detail, well organised and capable of working under pressure.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• A keen interest in technology and the IT market.
This role would require some UK travel and weekend / on-call working, so flexibility is required.
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading consulting, technology and innovation firm. We are independent and employee-owned and have over 2,500 people working with business and governments worldwide, through our offices in North America, Europe, the Nordics, the Gulf and Asia Pacific. Our specific expertise is in energy, financial services, life sciences and healthcare, manufacturing, government and public services, defence and security, telecommunications, transport and logistics.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results. We have outstanding technology development capability; a unique breadth of skills from strategy to performance improvement, from HR to IT; and strong expertise in communications, defence, energy, financial services, government and public services, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation and logistics.
Three differentiators for PA Consulting are:
• We’re big enough to be a significant employer but not so big that you get lost
• We’re entrepreneurial and meritocratic, with top to bottom employee ownership
• We “do”, as well as “advise”
Recent work includes:
• protecting troops' lives in Afghanistan by developing a groundbreaking IED-detection vehicle that can be remote controlled by the detection team
• delivering an air-traffic system to safely handle 600,000 aeroplanes over Denmark each year
• working with the Bank of England to create the Prudential Regulation Authority, which will transform financial regulation in the UK
• developing a system to restore power more quickly and improve the customer experience for households and businesses in Washington, US
• creating a revolutionary new kitchen towel and a completely new manufacturing process at our Technology Centre in Cambridge, UK.