We are currently seeking a Director, Financial Planning & Analysis to join our North America Finance team at our world headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio.
This position is responsible for providing financial leadership to drive business results and operating efficiencies for the North America region. This position will own the P&L of the region and lead a team to analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for strategic and operations plans as well as near term financial forecasts and budgets. This position provides functional leadership for several aspects of Finance including objective business insights, process and systems implementation, external financial perspective, key commercial and contract reviews, asset management, and timely financial analysis.
• Effectively lead, build and develop the Finance team (direct 3 individuals ) in order to achieve short-term and long-term business objectives through effective objective setting and performance management
• Collaborate with business partners such as North American Leadership Team, sales and marketing, regional integrated operations, and human resources in developing actionable, accountable and robust strategic plans
• Provide and present information that explains business projections and variances from plan for all levels of management
• Monitor monthly business performance financials and define opportunities by production facility or functional area.
• Provide effective and timely financial information, business insights/analytics and business performance information to ensure the leadership team is effective in creating and executing the region’s strategy and operating plan
• Prepare and deliver financial information to the leadership team and other business partners as required providing appropriate commentary and explanation where required.
• Ensures an effective financial forecast model is in place and provides an accurate forecast to the region
• Lead the management reporting process and provide monthly financial reports with insightful analysis
• Leads the budgeting process for the region
• Provides financial leadership liaising with the commercial team on customer contracts
• Lead special projects as designed and defined by the Regional President and VP Finance
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
Decisions made in this role have considerable impact on the region’s business. Decisions related to financial forecasts could impact revenues, projects and department’s objectives and budgets. This position requires knowledge of the services of different departments and how they fit within the region’s key business strategies. Must understand the organizational processes and relationships that influence how decisions are made within the region.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or business administration
• MBA or post graduate certification preferred e.g. CPA
• 10+ years’ experience in the financial area
• Strong financial, strategic, analytical, and project management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well within and to lead diverse teams
• Has experience with finance and manufacturing cost principles, understands P & L, balance sheet and principles of cost control and management
• Strong computer skills and functionality with the Microsoft Office® suite of products; knowledge of SAP and Hyperion
• This position will report to the Vice President Finance.
Less than 20% travel required typically within North America
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. The Company had revenues of $7.0 billion in 2013 and employs approximately 22,500 people at 77 plants in 21 countries. With global headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace. For more information, visit www.o-i.com.
O-I's Glass Is Life™ movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe. Join us in the #betteringlass conversation at www.glassislife.com.