Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
The Labor and Delivery RN will:
• Serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and unit outcomes
• Coordinate the care of low and high-risk laboring women of childbearing age and the immediate stabilization of the newborn following delivery
• Complete the comprehensive assessment of patient and family needs including but not limited to identifying outcomes based on the needs assessment, establishing care plans, monitoring the progress of laboring patients and modifying the care plan as needed.
• Demonstrate commitment to the service excellence principles of the Northside Hospital
• Communicate effectively with patient/family, physicians, the interdependent team and other disciplines regarding plan of care
• Identify and document the needs of the patient and family and provide individualized education
• Participate in the development and achievement of unit goals
• Perform all other related duties as assigned including providing intrapartum, antepartum and intraoperative patient care
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed as an RN in the State of Georgia in good standing without limitations.
• Minimum of one (1) year of full-time Labor & Delivery experience as an RN post-orientation or post-residency training.
• Be certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) before working on the unit
• Demonstrate proficiency in skills applicable to Women's Services
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law. .