PLEASE READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION BEFORE APPLYING.
APPLY WITH A RESUME AND PORTFOLIO LINK OR WEBSITE
Nine West Group is currently seeking a Design Intern for our Handbag Design team. This role assists the Handbag Design team in all aspects of the handbag design process (trend research, sketching, materials/colors, detailing of the line, samples, market week). Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform trend research via web and magazine to provide the design team with latest trend concepts.
- Assist in the building of the handbag collections.
- Hand sketch ¾ view of handbags and ability to CAD
- Knowledge of handbag construction and spec’ing for tech packs
- Maintain handbags, hardware and materials library
- Run reports – line sheets/picture sheets/sketch release.
- Work with legal team to have style names approved.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preferred areas of study are Handbags or Accessories Design.
- Excellent communication and organization.
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Must be able to take initiative.
- Must be able to work M-F, 40 hours a week
- Must be able to work well within a large team.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, Word.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.