This position will function as legal and business affairs counsel, providing support and advice to internal clients on various media transactions, with a focus on domestic media partnerships, including television and digital media.
• Provide ongoing legal analysis and advice to clients in connection with complex, long-term domestic television and digital media agreements-
• Negotiate, structure and draft various agreements for Global Media Content Distribution department and other members of media client group (e.g., television and digital media licensing, production)
• Participate in negotiation sessions with partners
• Assist media clients in analysis of existing agreements, issue spotting, new business development, negotiation strategy, contractual compliance, and other legal and business affairs matters
Required Experience & Knowledge:
• Exceptional written and oral business communication skills- Strong contract drafting and negotiating skills- Strong analytic ability and related issue spotting and problem solving skills
• Ability to make timely, nuanced and targeted recommendations for business decisions based on reasoned legal analysis and the strategic objectives of the organization
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and engage with multiple stakeholders in a challenging and fast-paced environment
• High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics and integrity
• 8-10 years of experience at a top tier law firm and/or corporate legal department, including experience in structuring, negotiating, drafting and advising on complex licensing agreements
• Exposure to media and/or technology transactions required; experience in corporate legal department in media, entertainment or technology sector preferred
Educational Background Required:
• Law degree from a top law school and New York bar admission.
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.