The NBA Legal Department provides advice and counsel with respect to the League's activities and businesses on a global basis. The Associate Counsel, League Governance and Policy, will support the company's legal and policy efforts, with an emphasis on gaming-related issues. The Associate Counsel will also be responsible for conducting and supporting investigations and other related legal matters, as needed.
The Associate Counsel will support the League's legal and business efforts related to sports betting, including monitoring legislative and regulatory developments at the state and federal level. The Associate Counsel will develop and maintain relationships with relevant regulators and other stakeholders, including betting operators and others in the gaming industry. To the extent that regulations or laws related to sports betting are enacted, the Associate Counsel will ensure the League's compliance with the requirements contained therein. The Associate Counsel will also be responsible for providing legal support in connection with the League's gaming-related business efforts. To the extent integrity issues arise, the Associate Counsel will assist in the investigation of any possible misconduct.
The Associate Counsel will also be available to support investigations across a range of other areas, including with respect to players, referees, and other league and team employees, in connection with litigation or other matters, or to help enforce league rules.
- Support the League's legal and business efforts related to gaming, including:
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory developments related to sports-betting and the gaming industry;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with regulators, legislators, and betting operators; and
- Providing legal support for the League's business efforts related to the gaming industry
- Ensure League compliance with regulatory and/or legislative requirements
- Assist in the investigation of any potential integrity-related or other misconduct, including working with outside counsel
- Oversee certain compliance training programs for league and team personnel
- Communicate (in writing and orally) to the General Counsel and other senior League executives regarding gaming-related legal developments and other associated matters
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 4 years' employment at top law firm
- Significant investigative experience preferred
- Exceptional problem solving and issue-spotting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and time management capabilities
Educational Background Required:
- J.D. from a top law school
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.