Collaborates with medical and scientific researchers in study design, development of research instruments, collection, management and analysis of data, interpretation of results, preparation of reports, and publication of research.
• Collaborate with medical and scientific researchers in designing research studies.
• Provide consultation on statistical method, questionnaire construction and data gathering techniques.
• Perform the necessary statistical analyses in accordance with federal and private grants and contracts including the analysis of specific projects mentioned in grants and contracts.
• Provide expertise in the development and maintenance of data management systems that optimize the efficiency of statistical analyses and reporting.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the section as well as external customers and clients in the development of scientifically sound study and project designs.
• Assist faculty with special research projects including medical information requests and special studies, analyzing proposed studies to determine feasibility.
• Assist in the writing of grants and scientific publications, providing expertise and scenic content regarding the study design and statistical techniques to be used. • Assist in the preparation of research proposals for submission to external bodies
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Department: Center for Advancing Population Science (CAPS)
Division: Center for Advancing Population Science (CAPS)
Reports to (Title): Center Director and Center Administrator II
Direct Reports (Titles): N/A
Collaborates with (Titles): Research study team. Students, fellows
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Master’s degree
Minimum Required Experience: 1 year
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.