Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW).
In the role of Medical Assitant I, located at the Tosa Center. You would be working under the direction of clinic leadership, facilitating efficient clinic flow by maintaining excellent patient care and customer service for our SpineCare patients.
- Assist the provider with the procedures in Fluoro and Ultrasound injections. Prep the room and the patient, set up the injections tray, assist the provider with the injections tray and then complete post-procedure
- Greet and register clinic patients. Obtain and/or update registration information and referrals or authorizations as necessary.
- Schedule clinic appointments, ancillary tests and maintain appropriate scheduling information
- Prepare patient exam rooms and equipment and select instruments using aseptic and sterile techniques
- Escort patient to exam room, obtain brief history and vital signs. Update medical records for physician review
- Receive and route incoming clinic phone calls to appropriate area. When necessary, record accurate messages and distribute to appropriate area
- Clean and stock patient exam room.
Monday - Friday; Clinic Hours
Preferred Education: Graduate of the accredited MA program
- Minimum Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Required Experience: Two years of patient care experience or graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vision, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on items such as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
For a brief overview of our benefits see: https://www.mcw.edu/departments/human-resources/benefits
Eastern Wisconsin is a vibrant, diverse metropolitan area. MCW is intent on attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce and faculty body that reflects the community we serve. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, thought, and perspectives to advance excellence in science and medicine. MCW is a welcoming campus community with a strong culture of collaboration, partnership, and engagement with our surrounding community. For more information, please visit our institutional website at https://www.mcw.edu/departments/office-of-diversity-and-inclusion.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.