We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities. In the role of Financial Assistant I you will be working in the Cancer Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Process clinical trial agreements and maintain related documentation and statuses to support the daily operations of the cancer center and clinical trials office preaward team.
- Prepares funding proposal submission in eBridge for contract review by Office of Grants & Contracts (GCO).
- Submits confidentiality agreements for review by GCO and tracks status, ensuring timely execution of the agreement to obtain protocols and other clinical trial documents.
- Tracks the statuses of all agreements and clinical trials in the Preaward team’s queue, and complete preaward task lists in the clinical trial management system.
- Requests all preaward account setup requests for clinical trials to allocate start-up expenses appropriately.
- Completes payee detail forms and other administrative documentation required at for clinical trial activation.
- Maintain accurate storage of financial and contractual study documents in MCW’s eRegulatory binder system for the Clinical Trials Office to access.
- Facilitate study calendar build request process by providing executed CDAs and financial access to staff members requesting calendars.
- Assist with preparation of clinical trial agreement amendments.
- Sort, copy and distribute various monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of economics, accounting, mathematics, administration, English language, law, government, and human resources. Work requires resource management, mathematics, problem solving, coordinating work activities, critical thinking, systems analysis, operations analysis, time management, writing, active listening, and active learning skills. Speech clarity, speech recognition, finger dexterity, and wrist-finger speed while operating computers abilities required. #LI-AV1
08:00 am to 4:30 pm
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: High School Diploma
Minimum Required Experience: 2 years
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vision, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on items such as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
For a brief overview of our benefits see: https://www.mcw.edu/departments/human-resources/benefits
Eastern Wisconsin is a vibrant, diverse metropolitan area. MCW is intent on attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce and faculty body that reflects the community we serve. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, thought, and perspectives to advance excellence in science and medicine. MCW is a welcoming campus community with a strong culture of collaboration, partnership, and engagement with our surrounding community. For more information, please visit our institutional website at https://www.mcw.edu/departments/office-of-diversity-and-inclusion.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.