We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities. In the role of an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Recruiter working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Recruiter creates, implements, and evaluates APP recruitment strategies to fulfill the needs of the institution to attract and select highly qualified candidates. Leads advanced practice provider recruitment activities by effectively and efficiently fulfilling multiple requisitions. Establishes the credibility to influence internally and externally to ensure that there is a steady flow of high-quality candidates for critically needed provider opportunities. Builds relationships with departmental and organizational leaders and provides service excellence to all stakeholders.
Recruit qualified Advanced Practice Providers (Physician Assistant, Anesthesiology Assistants, Advanced Practice Nurse Prescribers) by supporting all aspects of recruitment set forth by the Joint Workforce Plan by performing full life cycle recruiting to include sourcing, networking, pre-screening and qualifying of candidates, processes internal and external applications for employment, performs reference checks and coordinates and extends employment offers.
- Advise mid-level and senior management regarding recruitment and interviewing processes and practices by serving as primary point of contact between the departments and Human Resources. Apply analytical and problem-solving skills while advising department leaders, faculty and staff regarding staffing practices, policies, and procedures.
- Discern the quality and utilization of candidate resources including internet inquiries, referrals, databases, professional network, consultants, and other resources to generate leads
- Screen interested candidates to evaluate qualification, level of interest, and timelines. Uses advanced interviewing skills to accurately detect strengths, opportunities, and career trajectory. Follows up to ensure that all reference and background checks are complete.
- Present qualified candidates to internal stakeholders and submits all required information after verifying licensure, credentials, and related qualifications. Resolves complex inquiries to guide the decisions of departments.
- Assist in the preparation of employment, compensation, offer letters, and other related agreements to candidates and answers or addresses any questions and follows up to ensure fulfillment of agreements.
- Utilize and leverage the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), internet, social networks, and other web tools to identify, attract and recruit candidates as well as develop a diverse pool of candidates for on-going business needs.
- Provide consultative support to the divisions within Human Resources and the Advanced Practice office to support alignment of recruitment and retention strategies or best practices. Maintain working knowledge of employment agreements, the Advanced Practice industry and market conditions. Create and manage processes, procedures, policies, and techniques related to Advanced Practice Provider recruitment and retention.
- Evaluate and effectively partner with departments to assist in workforce planning and identify ways to improve diversity hiring efforts.
- Participate as project team member on implementation and execution of strategic initiatives and assorted projects related workforce diversity and inclusion, workforce planning; talent acquisition; succession planning; onboarding; and employee compensation. Evaluate and implement process and procedure improvements.
- Build formal and informal networks to achieve high credibility and success in role. Maintain knowledge of organizational culture and effective working relationships with all members of the organization. Develop and maintain strong partnerships within MCW as well as in the community with local advanced practice programs and other institutions in an effort to position MCW as a destination of choice for top talent.
- Facilitate recruitment for Advanced Practice Provider Fellowships, partners with the Office of Advanced Practice and may assist with APP Student Placements and the Physician Assistant Program
- Ensure compliance with regulations, institutional policies, and goal achievement.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Demonstrate effective communication and negotiation skills, and strong organizational and complex process management abilities.
- Must work as part of a team, communicate effectively with all disciplines and levels of professionals, and successfully multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Sales, marketing and/or public relations background is helpful. Experience working with web-based recruiting and applicant tracking systems is necessary.
- Provides full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand and ask questions as appropriate.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of solutions, people, and information.
- Ability to persuade and negotiate effectively while interacting with departments, physicians, and others.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and assess quality standards of services and evaluate customer satisfaction across multiple departments.
- Active membership in the Association for Advancing Physician and Provider Recruitment (AAPPR) is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including desktop publishing software, word processing, spreadsheets, email, and internet.
- Excellent organization skills which include, but are not limited to, multi-tasking, managing competing deadlines, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate complex information in an understandable fashion to a variety of people with various levels of knowledge on the topic.
- Exhibit professionalism at all times and an ability to be an exemplary representative of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Establish and maintain positive cooperative and effective working relationships within a diverse, academic environment as well as with community and civic organizations and maintain professional relationships.
- Exercise discretion, good judgment, and confidentiality in problem-solving and interactions with diverse employee groups.
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 3+ years of experience in recruitment
- Preferred Education: Human resources, education, communication, the social sciences or a related discipline
- Preferred Experience: 5+ years of experience in recruitment, experience and background in a University/College or Healthcare environment strongly preferred
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.