This role, reporting to the Director of Communications and Donor Relations, strategically supports the Major Gift team, by developing and writing story content and major gift proposals that align with institutional priorities to present the best case for donor philanthropy requests. Comprehensively, this role leads and manages the conception and production of major donor proposals as well as stewardship reports for Froedtert & and the Medical College of Wisconsin. This role provides technical writing, creating cases of support aligned to strategic funding priorities as well as stewardship reports and key donor correspondence. A crucial part of this role is to find, identify and execute high-level communications to engage a variety of giving communities and diverse audiences across the wide landscape of media forms and channels. This content will support the philanthropy goals and be aligned with the brand of Froedtert Hospital and the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Responsible for elevating the brand while enhancing the reputation and prominence of Froedtert & MCW, writing solicitations for major gift commitments, to secure philanthropic support for research, education and patient care initiatives supporting Froedtert Hospital Foundation and the Medical College of Wisconsin. Understanding the missions and philanthropic priorities of Froedtert Hospital, Froedtert Hospital Foundation and the Medical College of Wisconsin is essential to success in this role. Acquiring a comprehensive knowledge of these missions is critical. Creatively supporting the development of innovative strategies for the successful solicitation of support and gifts is a must.
This role includes:
- Actively participating in strategy sessions with development staff to create cases of support with compelling requests for funding that demonstrates institutional impact.
- Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Developing proposal and stewardship reports by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Making persuasive verbal and written cases for supporting these key priorities, effectively matching the interests of prospects to specific projects and programs needing support and ensure effective stewardship of donor relationships.
- Preparing and working within division budget and monitor resources and expenditures under span of control.
- Maintaining quality results by using templates; follows proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases. Prepares presentations by evaluating text, graphics, and binding, coordinates printing. Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implements changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
We are seeking a highly organized professional with entrepreneurial spirit, creativity and resourcefulness. Superior interpersonal and collaborative relationship skills, with demonstrated verbal presentation experience and written communication skills.
Ability to work across a complex organization and provide highly visible inspired leadership. Professional credibility and decision-making integrity to gain trust of key constituents and leaders. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all constituencies, fostering inclusiveness and diversity of ideas. Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced deadline-oriented team environment. Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a complex environment and embrace challenges. Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects under demanding deadlines are essential. Demonstrated analytic and strategic thinking capabilities. Experience with Microsoft Office and other technology. A highly developed ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information related to both alumni and donors, as well as employees.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Required Experience: 4 years of successful writing experience
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.