• Planning & Managing Vision/Purpose: Ensure alignment of institutional goals with the educational mission, visions, and strategies. Engages individuals in the ‘big picture’ through messages learning, best practices and the future direction of the institution.
• Motivating Others & Building Effective Teams: Positively affect the behavior of others, motivating them to achieve professional satisfaction and high performance through collegiality and collaboration. Recruit, hire, promote and maintain a diverse workforce that contributes to team success. Foster an inclusive workplace through respect and commitment to the values of inclusion and equity; seek out and incorporate varied perspectives into decision making.
• Education & Leadership Development: Participates in design, development and/or evaluation of instructional materials, methods, courses or programs. Identify and invest in emerging talent to support development. Prioritize development experiences for individuals and foster a culture of learning. Serve as a champion of others through ongoing coaching and mentorship.
• Creativity & Innovation: Champion creative thinking among institutional leaders, partners and teams to advance innovative contributions to missions. Cultivate innovation by fostering an atmosphere of discovery and ensuring availability of appropriate resources.
• Stewardship & Institutional Citizenship: Identify opportunities to improve and promote quality within area of influence. Be an active and thoughtful participant in institutional initiatives, meetings and committee work. Ensure financial stability by conserving and using resources in an efficient and cost-effective manner across all MCW missions. Serve as an advocate for your area of responsibility as well as institutional priorities. Develop and maintain professional affiliations.
Building: Research Park Center (RPC)
Department: Office of the Provost
Division: Office of Continuing Medical and Professional Education (OCPE)
Reports to (Title): Provost, School of Medicine
Direct Reports (Titles): Director Continuing & Prof Ed
Collaborates with (Titles): Dept. Chairs, Asst. and Assoc. Deans, Institutional and Departmental Senior Leadership
Minimum Required Education: MD or DO
Minimum Required Experience: At least five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in health care, education or another related environment with at least three (3) of these years in program management and/or administration in the area of faculty, career or educational development.
Work requires occasionally lifting moderate weight materials, standing, or walking continuously.
Little or no exposure to hazards such as dust, fumes, or extreme temperatures, airborne or blood borne pathogens, extreme temperatures, or allergens.
Ability to detect and translate speech or other communication required. May occasionally require the ability to distinguish colors and perceive relative distances between objects.
Occasional exposure to dust, noise, temperature changes, or contact with water or other liquids. Work is performed in an environmentally controlled environment.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successfully completing a background and criminal history check, caregiver background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check
Law, physical examination, and / or driving record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Medical College of Wisconsin is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Medical College of Wisconsin defines diversity as a commitment to recognizing and appreciating the variety of individual differences in an environment that promotes and celebrates individual and collective achievement. The diversity of MCW continues to be an important source of innovative ideas and creative
Employees that have access to MCW, affiliate, subsidiary, or student data or Protected Health Information
(PI), or research protected information are obligated to protect the confidentiality and proper use and access of this information to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, unnecessary identification,
This job description is not an employment contract and the Medical College of Wisconsin may modify this document at any time. This document is intended to indicate the types of tasks and levels of skill, effort, and responsibility required by positions assigned this title. This information shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. It is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of direct reports. The functions described are not to be interpreted as exclusive or all-inclusive of the various functions performed.