Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society. By designing, engineering and building the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices and infrastructure, we are also leading an Intelligent Transformation – to create better experiences and opportunities for millions of customers around the world. Join us in defining our world of tomorrow and creating smarter technology for all!
Who You’ll Work With:
IDG (Intelligent Device Group) – The IDG at Lenovo houses our PC and Smart Devices. We combine investment in high-growth segments (workstations, gaming, visuals, thin and light devices) with new innovation in the smart device categories and continue to explore new opportunities across AR/VR, artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), security and as-a-service solutions.
About The Next UX Team:
The Next UX team is an innovative research and design team and a growing as a strategic asset for Lenovo IDG. The team hunts new UX solutions for IDG that Lenovo could deliver over the next 2-3 years by exploring intersections between design, technology and user value. We are adding a UX research position to enrich our discovery & validation efforts. We seek someone who is passionate about applying research rigor to untap insight and collaborate with UX designers to map new user scenarios, design hardware & software, evaluate new technology, and help vet ideas. We want open-minded and creative teammates who love uncovering the best problems to solve and crafting better experiences.
A few topics we’re focused on... 1) new technologies for next-gen personal computing 2) how to evolve work for better productivity balance and engagement, 3) creating smarter solutions for improving life at home, and 4) advancing technology for students in the classroom of the future.
- Work closely with designers and stakeholders to define research & design projects from the ground up, including framing the project, identifying research questions, and designing studies that help develop insight, fuel ideation, and inform concept definition and narrowing
- Uncover and understand technology trends, market influences, user behaviors, motivations, attitudes, and needs that help shape concepts, products, and solutions
- Iteratively evaluate UX concepts, prototypes, and experiences
- Define and implement all phases of research, analyze mixed-method data, and create deliverables that clearly communicate insights and major takeaways from the research and next steps
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), UX, Design or a related field (including Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship) or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience conducting mixed-methods design research, UX research, or user research in the technology space (software or hardware focused)
- Experience designing research for generative (exploratory or discovery) and evaluative (summative or formative validation) purposes
- Skill in crafting clear research goals and questions and knowing how and when to effectively apply different research methods
- Ability to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data with knowledge of foundational stats
- Ability to communicate insights clearly and succinctly from research to designers, product owners, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Portfolio of past work experience with examples of process, deliverables, and demonstrated impact
Preferred experiences & interests:
- Advanced degree in Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), UX, Design or a related field
- Enjoy framing the front-end of complex problem areas, new product spaces, and simplifying to a solution
- Have an appetite for technology and be an avid digital consumer and experience evaluator
- Self-motivator with clear opinions about your work who also seeks team energy
- Appetite to tackle the fuzzy front-end of product innovation and development, work in complex problem spaces and simplify critical questions or solution spaces
- Desire to understand users, ask the best questions, prototype early, test new ideas, and find out what influences play an important role in users lives, the product space, and the problem area
- A growth mindset; we constantly study & work to improve how we do what we do
Lenovo is a US$50 billion Fortune Global 500 company, with 57,000 employees and operating in 180 markets around the world. We are #1 PC company on the planet, BCG's 50 most innovative companies, and one of Interbrand’s 100 BEST global brands. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society. By designing, engineering and building the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices and infrastructure, we are also leading an Intelligent Transformation – to create better experiences and opportunities for millions of customers around the world.
Learn more about why it’s great to work at Lenovo - https://www.lenovobenefits.com/why-join-lenovo