The role of EMEA Level 2 Technical Support Engineer is part of EMEA Customer Experience team, a post sales Support unit within EMEA Services organization. The organization provides post sales support to Lenovo customers, business partners and service partners in managing customer complaints, technical escalations and critical situations as part of overall Warranty Service provision for Lenovo EMEA customers.
The L2 technical support role is responsible for managing, tracking, and resolving customer complex software and hardware related technical issues. The role requires resolving these issues directly or with Product Engineering team’s engagement.
The successful candidate will have extensive technical skills as well as the ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve customer issues and explain complex technical information to a non-technical audience. Candidates must have the ability to establish and maintain effective communication and relationships with Level One teams (e.g. Call Centers), Product Engineering and Lenovo Sales community, including sales executives and teams in other countries.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide advanced (Level 2) Technical support for Lenovo customers.
- Work directly with Account teams and Customers to identify and replicate technical issues.
- Provide technical Subject Matter Expert consultation to Lenovo customers as well as to Lenovo Services community.
- Ensure professional and timely communication with Lenovo customers to secure their issue is being understood, worked out and fixed.
- Drive Customer Satisfaction to ensure Lenovo customers continue to perceive Lenovo as a prime supplier of Technical solutions and therefore continue to purchase Lenovo products.
- Leverage the wider Lenovo technical community and resources to ensure that all efforts are made to deliver fix solutions that are workable and sustainable.
- 3+ years of experience at technical support function with in-depth knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals
- Degree in computing subject or in electronic engineering
- Microsoft Operating system mass deployment methodology experience ( SCCM, MDT, IUB, Altiris ). Certification would be an advantage.
- Enterprise level Server / domain experience
- Solid knowledge about networking technologies both wired and wireless. Certification would be an advantage.
- Logical and methodical approach in addressing issues.
- Software problem determination skills.
- Experience with Lenovo TVT tools, PC tablet, Linux, Android OS, Server support, HW and SW testing experience is an advantage
- Project Management skills is an advantage
- Strong customer facing skills both by phone and face to face
- Fluent English required, other languages is an advantage
- Hard worker, passionate about technical topics, goal oriented
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Able to be self motivated and 100% work self sufficient
- Ability to work to deadlines
Base gross monthly salary from minimum 1700 EUR and above, depending on experience + variable part 12% of your annual earnings
What Lenovo can offer you:
• 3 sick days per year
• Additional vacation days
• 100% sick leave compensation up to 2 months per year
• A broad selection of soft / hard skills trainings and individual mentoring
• Employer contribution to the Third Pillar Pension System
Lenovo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones, tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.