Lenovo is the fastest growing technology company on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter. Lenovo’s fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. We are looking for the person who challenges the ordinary and seeks to innovate in learning, while also balancing execution.
Lenovo’s User Experience Design (UXD) team is seeking an experienced User Experience professional to join their growing team. At Lenovo, the UXD team is responsible for delivering a best-in-class experience across our wide portfolio of products. By applying user-centered design principles, our team ensures the wants, needs, and desires of our users are a part of every product we launch.
Rather than designing “hardware” or “software,” we’re looking for someone who can focus on delivering the right solution to our customers. The ideal candidate will have the ability to move concepts across the breadth of the design process – from early ideation, through design and user testing, and into development.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Provide professional assessment of product experience and usability
- Deliver mockups, wireframes, and prototypes as a part of the design and development process
- Work within design guidelines, but is able and comfortable to operate without restriction
- Expand upon existing guidelines and create new design guidelines, as needed
- Conduct both primary and secondary user research to understand our users
- Analyze and synthesize user data to uncover insights and opportunities
- Use ideation and prototyping skills to create new concepts to address the needs and pain points of our users.
- Effectively communicate your findings and ideas to the larger design and development organization.
- Present deliverables to project and executive stakeholders, ensuring the voice of the user is present at all stages of product development.
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 250 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones, tablets, and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
We're looking to add talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working as a user experience professional. In particular, experience working as a user researcher, software designer, or human factors engineer.
- Expert experience with industry standard design tools (i.e., Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, InVision, Sketch)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong portfolio of work illustrating expertise in both graphic and interaction design.
- Self-starter. Able to make progress towards a larger goal without step by step instruction.
- Able to work within established strategic and business guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong sense of design and visual communication skills.
- Some travel may be required (<10%)
- Experience planning and leading primary user research a plus
- Experience working in a product design or UX consultancy strongly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.