Responsible for the successful installation, calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical and instrumentation components associated with facility and equipment related to conveyance, storage and packaging of bulk materials.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- oAssemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, conveying equipment, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- oDiagnose malfunctioning systems and components (conveyors, electrical and mechanical), using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- oConnect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- oTest electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system. Schedule and supervise the daily activities of all maintenance staff.
- oGenerate and complete work orders for crane maintenance, rolling stock equipment, and conveyor systems and follow progress to completion.
- oTrack maintenance costs (by facility and equipment). Ensure objectives and costs are achieved and consistent with budgetary constraints.
- oProblem solver and creative thinker in order to provide solutions to improving the equipment performance.
- oAdvise terminal management of progress toward objectives and develop strategies for necessary adjustments.
- oServe as trainer in the instruction of facility staff and operators toward required maintenance activities.
- oReceive and maintain equipment documentation (blue prints, technical manuals, operational manuals) and serve as the facility technical resource in their review and use.
- oThrough inventory tracking, ensure that critical needs for parts and services are available.
- oMaintain preventative maintenance program and software.
- oAccept supervision and effectively interface with customer representatives, regulators, KM staff and others as required.
- oOther functions as trained and assigned.
High School degree or equivalent is required. A 2 year degree in a related technical field is preferred.
Experience / specific knowledge:
• A minimum of 5 years of previous successful work experience industrial maintenance is required. Experience with electrical systems and/or conveyor systems is preferred.
• A minimum of 1 year of Electronics experience is required.
• Previous experience in the use of a preventive maintenance tracking program is desired.
• Mechanical engineering background experience is preferred.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
The incumbent must meet the criteria to obtain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC) as required by USCG/DHS regulations.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Good oral and written communications.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer and applications (Microsoft Office, database, and internet search engines).
- Ability to perform job duties with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work safely and direct the maintenance department to work safely, with an emphasis on following procedures and best management practices.
- Ability to interact with regulatory agencies and peers with self-confidence, poise, and professionalism.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may be required to stand; walk, sit, ascend/descend stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position is generally assigned a daytime schedule but will be required to work extended hours to include nights and weekends.
- Must be available for 24 hour call-in.
Tasks are performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.