The Transition Gateway
JetBlue crewmembers who have a passion for flying can use the Transition Gateway. The Transition Gateway is designed for current JetBlue crewmembers who do not possess the requisite satisfactory experience requirements to become First Officers at JetBlue, but would like to pursue a career as a JetBlue pilot.
The Transition Gateway creates a pathway for crewmembers to work with the JetBlue Talent and Flight Ops leadership teams in designing a training and experience plan. A crewmember then has the option to either remain with JetBlue while completing the plan or separate from JetBlue to gain the necessary qualifications and experience. Once the training and experience plan is completed, the candidate is guaranteed the ability to return and join in the JetBlue pilot interview process.
How It Works
- The crewmember must apply to the program via the online application
- The crewmember must write a letter of intent to enter the program
- The crewmember will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the program
- The crewmember and mentor will devise a training/experience plan which will allow the crewmember to achieve the satisfactory qualifications and experience to become a JetBlue First Officer
- The crewmember will present the plan to the Pilot Hiring Committee for approval
- Once the plan has been approved, the crewmember will follow the plan and report to the mentor for the duration of the program
- Once the crewmember has achieved the qualifications and experience necessary to become a JetBlue First Officer, the crewmember will be asked back to take part in the interview process at JetBlue
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- One year of full-time employment with JetBlue
- No Progressive Guidance
- FAA First-Class Medical Certificate
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement