Gateway Select is an innovative talent pathway for those seeking to become pilots at JetBlue. This particular Gateway Program will allow an applicant, if successful, to learn with us from the beginning and become a JetBlue pilot after completing a rigorous training program.
This unique, accessible and cost effective JetBlue Pilot Gateway Program will take a more competency-based approach to becoming a professional pilot. The Program will optimize the training of prospective airline pilots by offering early exposure to multi-crew/multi-engine operations, full motion simulator training, crew resource management, and threat and error management. Once meeting all program requirements, including the FAA's 1,500 flight-hour requirement, pilots will become a new hire at JetBlue. At that time, graduates will go through the same orientation and six-week instruction that all first officers complete.
If accepted into the program, students follow a multi-phase training sequence over the course of three-four years.
- Foundation Course: Introduction to JetBlue and flying
- Primary Training: Private Pilot through Commercial Multi-Engine Certificate
- Airline Preparation Course: Jet training at JetBlue University
- Instructor Training: CFI/CFII Training
- Employment with CAE as a Flight Instructor
- New Hire Training as a JetBlue First Officer
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 23 years old by the completion of the approximate 3.5-year program.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a First-Class Medical Certificate.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States by the end of training.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement