The University Gateway allows students with an aviation major from one of JetBlue’s partner AABI-accredited universities to work toward a career as a First Officer at JetBlue. Students in the University Gateway follow a defined pathway that leads to a First Officer position at JetBlue upon completion of the Program.
University Gateway creates a pathway for students at partner schools to apply for and, if successful, earn a conditional job offer that will allow them to join JetBlue as a First Officer once they have accrued the required flying time/experience. University Gateway also offers mentorship and guidance from JetBlue Pilots and other members of Flight Operations to the selected candidates while they complete their training and gain flying experience.
Students will apply to University Gateway when they have completed at least their Instrument Rating and are at the equivalent of at least junior class standing. The program is also open to recent graduates of partner schools who are currently working as flight instructors at their school. Candidates will complete the full Talent Acquisition application/selection process and, if selected, will be given a conditional job offer and will be required to sign a letter of agreement stating that they understand the conditions and stipulations of the job offer. Selected candidates will then need to complete all program requirements, including pre-employment testing, background check and final Pilot Hiring Committee review, before being assigned a JetBlue new hire pilot class date. Selected candidates will not be required to undergo a second interview.
How It Works
- The candidate must apply to the program via the online application during the specified application window
- The candidate must complete the entire JetBlue selection process
- If selected, the candidate will receive a conditional job offer and must sign a letter of agreement stating that they understand the conditions and stipulations of the job offer.
- The candidate will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the program and will also have continued communication with the Manager Pilot Gateway Programs
- The candidate and mentor and/or the Manager Pilot Gateway Programs will devise a training/experience plan which will allow the candidate to achieve the satisfactory qualifications and experience to become a JetBlue First Officer.
- Once the plan has been approved, the crewmember will follow the plan and report to the mentor and Manager Pilot Gateway Programs for the duration of the program
- Candidate must graduate from their AABI-accredited university with a 3.0 GPA in their major
- Candidate must serve as a certified flight instructor at their school for at least 500 hours of dual given
- Candidate must fly for Cape Air, JetSuiteX or a Part 121 regional carrier (2,500+ hours of total flight experience) for at least 1,000 hours and complete their full commitment with the chosen carrier (as applicable)
- Candidate will attend a Jet transition Course (as applicable)
- Once the candidate has met all the program requirements and has achieved the necessary qualifications and experience, the candidate will complete pre-employment testing, background check and final Pilot Hiring Committee review.
- Once the entire process is complete, the candidate will be given a class date to begin new hire training as a first officer.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Student at a University Gateway partner school
- Instrument Rating
- Junior, Senior or Recent Graduate standing
- 3.0 GPA in major
- Two letters of recommendation from professors
- Ability to hold an FAA First-Class Medical Certificate
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement