Reporting to the Assistant Director, Agency Management in the Global Delivery Center (GDC Madrid), the sucessful candidate will lead and develop the Agency Risk Management team, managing Agency Risk day-to-day operations by ensuring compliance regional processes with the global Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Accountable to the Regional Process Owner (RPM) for the Risk Management processes performance and for the full compliance to the SOP purposes and process constant improvements in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Americas (over 40,000 agent locations);
- Responsible for the achievement of Risk Global Board Targets and KPIs;
- Lead and co-manage the GDC Risk Management team comprising 30 people with 10 direct reports, improving team effectiveness and performance, and inspiring team members to innovate and think outside of the box;
- Responsible for the Agency Risk Management (ARM) operations including delivery of 100% compliance with the Annual Financial Assessment cycles;
- Accountable for over USD 3 billion financial securities monitoring and updating process;
- Lead the Real Time Sales monitoring process performed by Risk Management team and responsible for minimization of loses caused by all kinds of frauds. Consult with Airline Credit Risk Managers to assist them in mitigation the industry and individual credit risks;
- Manage Financial Securities (FS) and its providers;
- Direct and supervise the appropriate review, development, enhancement and implementation of Local Financial Criteria (LFC).
- Provide the subject matter expertise for Field Offices and Airlines in regard to local industry forums (LCAG, APJC);
- Coordinate and lead collaboration with the Global Financial Assessor including management and reporting of performance and quality issues, correct and timely implementation of changes to financial criteria for Europe, Africa, Middle East and the Americas;
- Ensure Member Airlines receive the correct and timely information with regards to unrecovered amounts for their further individual actions towards the debtors;
- Manage the effective communication within IATA and externally (including Airline Credit Risk Managers) to ensure Risk Management targets are achieved;
- Envision, lead, drive and ensure the delivery of projects in Agency Risk Management area. Be able to identify market trends and needs and convert them into new products and services;
- Collaborate with NewGenISS team to contribute to the project delivery and facilitate its efficient implementation in the area of Risk Management in the GDC Madrid (Remittance Holding Capacity, Real-Time Sales Monitoring, Artificial Intelligence, Credit Card fraud prevention, etc.).
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field;
- 10 years professional experience in a multicultural environment; experience in air transport or travel industry would be an advantage;
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis and accounting principles;
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage large teams;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability communicate efficiently with internal and external stakeholders at all levels from different cultures and backgrounds; strong sense of customer service ethics; embrace IATA values and corporate philosophy;
- Energetic, independent, result-oriented, conscientious and self-motivated working attitude. Able to work under time pressure, successfully managing a number of tasks simultaneously;
- Strong team player; proven ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural, fast paced and highly demanding environment while being organized to deliver on tight deadlines and productivity metrics;
- Embrace innovation and change, able to prove leadership and personal integrity;
- Ability to set clear priorities and work with the high level of drive, speed with strong customer focus on proactive problem solving, conflict resolution, continuous follow-up and client retention;
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office and CRM software such as Salesforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Proficiency in other regional languages would be an advantage;
- Candidates must be available to travel and also work in dedicated shifts, from time to time on weekends and official public holidays; compensation applies in accordance with local conditions of employment.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
- Act with integrity and uphold our standards
- Think strategically in support of the global big picture
- Partner and manage to create high performing teams
- Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.