Empath Health is currently seeking a Pharmacist to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Pharmacist is responsible for the compounding, preparing, packaging, dispensing, distribution, monitoring, and control of all drugs. Provides drug information and supervises pharmacy technicians.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Licensure: Licensed as a Pharmacist with the Florida Department of Health, Board of Pharmacy
• Continuing education: Meet continuing education requirements as noted by the Florida Department of Health, Board of Pharmacy Division
• Certifications (i.e. CPR): Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association, if immunization certified.
• Professional interaction skills with medical, nursing and ancillary staffs.
• Able to supervise technician and volunteers.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Excellent telephone manners.
• Supports Hospice philosophy and objectives.
• Able to lift light loads and has good eye-hand coordination.
• Sterile product experience.
• Retail/outpatient/hospital experience.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.