Empath Health is currently seeking a Care Navigation Mobile Outreach LPN to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
Responsible for coordinating service inquiries as well as offering prompt access within the Empath Health Network of Care for targeted communities via a community outreach vehicle. Maintains excellence in customer service by being caring, compassionate, empathetic and responsive to the needs of all who reach out to us.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Graduate of a License certified Practical Nursing program.
• Maintain LPN license in accordance with State of Florida requirements.
• Certification: Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association; Current IV Therapy certification required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with patients/families, providers, direct co-workers and peers.
• Excellent multi-tasking and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent typing and computer input skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (MS Outlook, Word, Excel), Suncoast Solutions preferred.
• Knowledge of HIPAA compliance regulations.
• Basic knowledge of non-hospice related healthcare and community resources.
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
• Basic knowledge of healthcare reimbursement.
• Expected to assist (within reason) if Intake coverage is needed outside of a normal shift.
• Bilingual- fluent in English and Spanish
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
• Versed in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Preferred Qualification: 1 year experience working in migrant communities and underserved populations and demographics
• Preferred Qualification: Experience maneuvering and operating a mobile unit. Enhanced DMV licensure not required.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.