Empath Health is currently seeking a Pharmacy Manager to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating a staff performing a wide range of professional pharmaceutical duties at Empath Health Pharmacy. The incumbent supervises and coordinates the activities of Pharmacists including planning, organizing and reviewing work, administering annual performance appraisals, and ensuring their ongoing competency; structures specialized and complex clinical and consultative services to health care professionals and patients; develops and coordinates IPPE and APPE programs; and performs other related duties as assigned. The Pharmacy Manager will also act in the absence of the Pharmacy Director and functions as part of the pharmacy management team to accomplish the department's mission, vision, and goals. As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
•• Education and/or Experience: Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy with a baccalaureate degree in pharmacy (BS Pharmacy) and/or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree
• Licensure: Licensed as a Pharmacist with the Florida Department of Health, Board of Pharmacy
Experience: 5-7 years of experience in health-system pharmacy and 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred
• Continuing education: Meet continuing education requirements as noted by the Florida Department of Health, Board of Pharmacy Division
• Certifications: Board Certified in Pharmacotherapy, Ambulatory Care, Geriatrics or Sterile Compounding OR Post Graduate Year-1 (PGY-1) - required; PGY-2 in Pain Management/Palliative Care – preferred.
• Is able to work as a team member.
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.