Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
As a Switchboard Operator, you will help set the tone for Customer Service for Empath Health and are responsible for answering and routing incoming calls in a fast paced environment; assessing and appropriately responding to customer’s information needs in an accurate, courteous and competent manner.
Other essential duties and responsibilities of this role include:
• Provide excellent customer service by answering all calls promptly, asking clarifying questions and directing the caller to the right live voice.
• Maintain knowledge of all process and procedures for each shift per the Communication Practices set forth by Empath Health.
• Participate in all department trainings.
• Understand and pass all competencies for position as required.
• Track trends as determined by the needs of the business.
• Establish and maintain efficient working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and customers both external and internal.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Switchboard Operator with Empath Health you must be detail-oriented quality focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum of 2 years experience as a telephone/switchboard operator, preferably in a health care setting preferred.
• Able to deliver excellent customer service, externally and internally
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as capability to work with others in a close manner
• Ability to use multi-line computer phone system and be proficient in using a variety of computer applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• The aptitude to handle a fast paced environment and experienced in handling multiple tasks
• Must be able to make informed decisions quickly, and execute those decisions with confidence
• Able to be flexible with work schedules to meet the needs of the business
• Able to maintain customer confidentiality
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.