EPIC, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a Cook to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The primary responsibility of the Nutritional Specialist / Cook is prepare and /or direct the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. Responsible for the appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
EPIC (Empath Partners in Care) is a nonprofit provider of medical case management, counseling and pharmacy services to Tampa Bay area residents with HIV. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is helping clients achieve treatment success so they can live a healthy life, providing support to caregivers and family members and educating the community on the prevention of HIV.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in cooking/food service
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
• Knowledge of food safety procedures as designated by the Department of Health and OSHA.
• Knowledge of principles in meal planning for clients needing special diets (e.g. Diabetics, Heart Disease)
• Knowledge of client rights that pertain to nutritional programming and ensure an atmosphere which allows for the well-being of all clients
• Knowledge of universal precautions, safe work practices and established fire/safety/disaster plans
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS
• Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft word, excel and outlook
• Moderate reading and writing skills
• Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
• Auditory and visual skills
• Maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job:
Kitchen Equipment – gas stove, dishwasher, Ansell safety system, chef’s knives, food processor and can opener
• Cleanliness – Keeping work area neat and clean at all times; keeping equipment used in food preparation clean at all times
• Certifications: Valid State of Florida Food Safety Certificate
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.