The Customer Service Manager oversees a core service function within the truss department. They are responsible for managing a team of associates whose function is to quote, process PO’s and resolve customer issues, which are typically complex in scope for the truss business. This individual is accountable for driving sales, team productivity while providing pro-active customer service and dispute resolution. Holds key responsibility for driving continuous improvement of processes and results. Partners with team leaders to identify and resolve business issues that create barriers to sales.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
100% - Manages core function by working with team to drive resolution of customer service opportunities.
- Drives continuous improvement of processes and productivity.
- Establishes measurement systems and accountability of team members.
- Coaches and develops associates.
- Ensures that staff receives the necessary resources and training to deliver effective services.
- Selects, develops, and motivates assigned staff.
- Considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
- Expected to provide infrequent status reports to management only as appropriate.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Sr. Manager
Number of direct reports - 8
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Store manager or assistant store manager experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Leadership skills including the ability to motivate, train, and develop associates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.