Consistent with The Home Depot’s commitment to openness and transparency, we are informing you that a qualified in-line successor is being considered for this position. However, all interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. No selection decision has been made, and the final decision will be based solely upon choosing the most qualified and suitable candidate for the position.
Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies applied to business problems, solving real needs for customers who spend billions of dollars across our stores in North America. QuoteCenter is an application Home Depot store associates use to build large product orders for our Pro customers.
What is it like to work at The Home Depot QuoteCenter?
We were a startup once upon a time and much of our startup culture still exists: the agility of a small operation, the impact that comes with being a leader in our industry. Our team uses the latest technologies to build new products that facilitate 10-figure sales volumes at The Home Depot. We invest proactively in our people. The mission of the QuoteCenter product team is to radically reimagine the shopping experience at Home Depot utilizing the latest web technologies and data tools.
Product Management is charged with being the customer’s voice within the company and develops an understanding of what our customers will need now and in the future. That understanding will be brought to life in business cases, concepts, product roadmaps, MRD development and in interactions with senior management, engineering, sales, support, marketing and with partners and customers. This position requires proven communication and collaboration skills and a track record of interacting with technical, product, and marketing teams. You must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills, good business sense, and experience with software business and development processes.
The Marketplace Sr. PM will be responsible for leading a team of Product Managers and Associate Product Managers working on our existing product line of building materials curated by vendors as well as building our strategy for expansion. This role has a unique opportunity to change the way customers do business with The Home Depot. Your day to day activities will include executive presentations, pitches for funding, ensuring the team is executing on a product strategy that will maximize growth, and that our technical strategy is scale-able.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
10%- Manage a Product Management team in defining a world-class customer experience that bridges the online and multi-channels; Gain a thorough understanding of customer needs and use that knowledge to create a product roadmap with their team which delivers site features that provide customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
35%- Maintain a product & feature roadmap and manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance and operational support load. Ensure team writes complete & detail-oriented product requirements documents; Ensure clear communications of requirements to the business, design, usability & development teams
25%- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the teams ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals; As the subject matter expert, forecast, monitor, understand and report on teams product lines and own the overall results
15%- Create buy-in for their product vision both within the online team and with key enterprise stakeholders; Lead cross-functionally to ensure Home Depot implements the business vision efficiently
10%- Leverage their thorough understanding of the retail industry, its seasonality and global business trends/events, and competitor/industry developments when managing priorities and trade-offs on their product and feature roadmap
5%- Identify and assess the value of technology licensing with new vendors to deliver on innovative customer experience features
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Built a successful product from vision to launch
- Researching to new market opportunities cross-functionally with UX and Marketing
- Manage products through their life cycle—introduction, growth, maturity and ending stages
- Work with marketing to specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by site visits to customers and non-customers
- Develop the product roadmap; articulate the unique value proposition based on a deep understanding of the market trends, competitive threats, voice of customer, and analytics
- Collect and measure key product metrics to inform success/failure of each release and plan iterations accordingly
- Work with engineering and review product functional specifications and provide detailed feedback on customer expectations
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Work with sales to drive achievement of planned revenue for your products
- Own the results. Analyze KPI’s and use them to drive decision-making about the future of the product
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Excellent communicator in both verbal and written form.
- Polished presentation skills, creating materials and presenting to various levels of management.
- Big picture thinker able to operate effectively at 30,000 foot view, but also able to get into the details when necessary.
- Strong story teller, is able to formulate cohesive messages with meaningful and impactful points that resonate with target audience.
- Self-starter, requires little to no direction to be effective at role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.