This position leads the coordination and execution of packaging initiatives. This position will lead a team of engineers focused on packaging testing, protocol and recommendations. The team's responsiblity also includes structural integrity of THD proprietary branded product packaging. The Sr. Manager Packaging will manage the consolidated packaging program for Hampton Bay branded products. Drive initiatives in packaging improvements including environmental sustainability, right-sizing and cost reduction. Manage creation and implementation of standard operating procedures and packaging/display design standards to drive consistency throughout the organization. Identify and investigate industry best practices and implementation improvements as appropriate.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
25% - Develop and drive corporate initiative regarding sustainable environmental responsibility
30% - Drive organizational changes and process improvement to support new brand strategy and packaging initiatives
25% - Partnering with merchant teams, drive consolidated packaging program including contract negotiations and identifying new service providers
20% - Manage a team of engineers in SSC and ASO focused on departmental strategic objectives
Nature and Scope:
Postion Reports to Title: Director, Product Engineering
Number of Direct Reports: 2. Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Certifications & Licenses:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Ability to travel internationally
- Bachelors degree in packaging engineering or related field of study
- Advanced certifications in one of the following areas: project management, 6 Sigma or certified packaging professional
- Previous experience in packaging industry - standards development, review and enforcement
- Proven ability working on cross functional projects
- Previous experience with environmental issues and solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to build strong relationships and effectively contribute on cross-functional teams
- Communication - Ability to persuade or influence others; Fosters open communication, presents a compelling case for proposals and ideas, strong ability to win support from others; is assertive and holds firm when necessary
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and schedule demands. Ability to delegate effectively
- Sound business and financial acumen; understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators; uses analysis to create and evaluate strategic options and opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.