The Sr. Analyst, Merchandise Planning - Online will be responsible for understanding and analyzing the key drivers of performance related to online merchandising. This role works with Merchandise Planning Managers and Online Merchants to identify business opportunities and execute strategies to achieve business objectives and maximize sales and profitability. The Sr. Business Analyst will be responsible for executing daily, weekly and monthly reporting efforts. This position will also contribute to projects which further strategic business initiatives related to pricing, profitability, and supplier engagement.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- 30% - Partner with Merchandise Planning Managers and Online Merchants to analyze business drivers, provide insightful assessments and execute strategies to achieve business objectives.
- 40% - Track and measure business performance via execution of key daily, weekly and monthly reporting; seek out opportunities to continuously improve reporting efforts.
- 30% - Contribute to projects and new initiatives with further strategic business objectives.
Position reports to Manager, Merchandise Planning-Online
No direct reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate, and interpret complex data; innate intellectual curiosity
- Ability to understand business drivers and influence decision making with cross-functional partners
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results; ability to learn quickly and independently
- Ability to work simultaneously across several work streams balancing quality of work and consistent delivery
- 2-3 years of experience in retail, merchandising, or a consulting/project management role in a corporate environment
- Advanced level Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word). SQL a plus.
- Action Oriented
- Drives Engagement
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.